With Cyclone Debbie bearing down on a huge area of Queensland, we hope that everyone will keep safe, both during and after the storm.
Here are some tips for during the storm;
- Stay inside with doors and windows shut. Stay away from windows, doors, and exterior walls. Go to a small, interior room or stairwell on the lowest floor of the building (bathrooms are often best choice). If possible crouch under heavy furniture. Protect your head with a cushion or mattress.
- Do not stay in a vehicle or caravan.
- Keep alert for flash floods and stay away from beaches.
- Listen to your portable radio for storm updates.
After the storm;
- Avoid driving and walking through flooded areas.
- Stay away from fallen powerlines.
- Call 000 for life threatening emergencies.
- Call SES (132 500) for temporary roof repairs or sandbagging.
- Check on your neighbours.
Remember, things can be replaced, but you cannot, so stay safe and don’t take risks.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.