Fatality occurs during the filming of a forklift safety video
While many workplace accidents are the result of inexperience, others can be the result of being over-confident.
After a while, employees can become so familiar working with dangerous machinery and equipment that they forget how potentially dangerous they can be.
That became all too evident in a case in the Norther Territory where the owner of a training school was thrown from a forklift and crushed to death, during the filming of a forklift safety video. The investigation revealed the accident was due to driver error, high speed over rough terrain, and an unused seat belt.
Over time, the use of forklifts and other mobile plant has consistently proven to be a risk for serious workplace injuries and fatalities.
It is important for all warehouse employees to be aware of the serious impact incorrect usage of equipment can have on the lives of workers, bystanders and their families.
How do I minimise the risk to my workers?
One of the most important aspects of warehouse safety is employee training (all employees, not just the forklift operators).The training should include basic workplace safety as well as how to operate the tools and machinery needed to keep the workplace running smoothly. Training should include a strong on-boarding programme at the start of their employment and regular refresher training thereafter.
The TANDI online employee inductions training includes a Warehousing Safe Work Practices module, which is ideal for warehouse and storage workers.
Why online training is so effective
- TANDI online employee inductions allows your new recruits to learn in the comfort their own home (or from anywhere with an internet connection) and successfully complete a comprehensive safety training module before their first day on the job.
- The record keeping of the training is done automatically and secure, making it easy for your organisation to meet its legal obligations.
- It allows for consistent and engaging delivery, ensuring maximum retention of learning
- Information is kept up-to-date and compliant with current laws and regulations It also compresses delivery time
- Massive cost savings on trainees and facilitator’s wages
Do you have a friend or colleague you think will benefit from reading this?
Knowledge is one of today’s key assets. So why not forward this on to your friends and colleagues? Share knowledge and help people connect with one another.