Do you want to use your SEEK account to apply?
(this will autofill some of the information we require)
OR continue with your application below.Redlynch permanent Date of Vacancy Closure : 31-01-2022
Chief Finance Officer
- A unique opportunity for a professional looking to take the next step
- A leader with integrity, who is decisive and willing to challenge the status quo
- Hands-on, collaborative, methodical and analytical
We are seeking an energetic, qualified, hands-on, precise and passionate Chief Finance Officer with extensive experience in delivering short and long-term improvements, across Finance and the wider organisation. With a proven successful career in Finance and Leadership and desire to learn and grow more, you will be a confident, self-assured and straightforward communicator, who is able to gain the trust of stakeholders at every level. This diverse Community Care organisation is passionate about using cutting edge technology, and has an excellent reputation in its sector and robust financials. This is a rare opportunity to work alongside one of the founders and a dynamic CEO in shaping this inspiring organization for the generations to come.
Established in 1997 from humble beginnings our extraordinary organization has grown to include nine sites, across the state of Queensland. Our Head Office is located at Redlynch, a suburb of Cairns. St John’s Community Care supports over 6000 participants across the state and employs over 350 staff. We are proud to be a quality service provider of choice for people in the Elderly and Disability sector seeking support to remain living independently and the life of their choice. We have built a highly regarded reputation for innovation, sustainability and a shared passion for quality participant support services.
As the Chief Finance Officer, you will work collaboratively and with confidence alongside the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors and the Executive Leadership Team to drive the development, monitoring and execution of the St John’s Community Care Strategic conversation including the annual budget and financial forecasting. The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Professionalism, integrity and personal sense of accountability
- Tenacious approach to continuous improvement and ability to prioritise a timely response
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to take calculated risks
- Calm in a crisis, ability to instil the same in others and ensure process is consistently followed
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities
- “Can-do “mindset, positive and outstanding problem-solving ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting including Finance or equivalent
- CPA/CA Qualification
- Diploma of Leadership and or Management equivalent desirable
- 3 to 5 years Senior Executive Leadership in a similar role
- 5 + years’ experience accounting/finance experience
- High level competency in utilising a variety of technology, financial systems, Microsoft office.
- Working with all IT Systems to improve accounting productivity and accuracy
- Working with external auditors, compliance and regulatory oversight
- Change leadership and change management
- Excellent data interpretation, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Communicate effectively at all levels, building engagement, from boardroom to operations.
- Senior finance leadership role preferably in a not-for-profit
- Working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders in a supportive but challenging way
- Interpreting operational data activities against financial results and providing commercial insights
- Strong continuous improvement background with the ability to identify and implement solutions
What we will offer you in return:
- Work within a fast-paced and growing organisation
- Be part of a thriving environment that utilises technology to deliver quality services
- Located in Cairns Far North Queensland
- A rewarding purposeful career
- Competitive remuneration and employee benefit
- $34,200 tax-free: salary sacrifice benefits + compulsory tax-free threshold
- 5 weeks Annual Leave
- Receive 17.5% leave loading
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Opportunity to be part of local communities and make a difference
- On-site parking
If you believe that we are the right organisation for you, please go to our website and review the position and description.
We encourage genuine applicants to apply in confidence at your earliest convenience and by 31 March 2021.
Applications should be addressed to the selection committee and emailed to email@example.com.
This vacancy is closed
If you wish to contact us please see contact details at bottom of this page
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact
Company : St Johns Community Care
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number : (07) 4039 9700