With Cyclone Debbie bearing down on a huge area of Queensland, we hope that everyone will keep safe, both during and after the storm.
Here are some tips for during the storm;
- Stay inside with doors and windows shut. Stay away from windows, doors, and exterior walls. Go to a small, interior room or stairwell on the lowest floor of the building (bathrooms are often best choice). If possible crouch under heavy furniture. Protect your head with a cushion or mattress.
- Do not stay in a vehicle or caravan.
- Keep alert for flash floods and stay away from beaches.
- Listen to your portable radio for storm updates.
After the storm;
- Avoid driving and walking through flooded areas.
- Stay away from fallen powerlines.
- Call 000 for life threatening emergencies.
- Call SES (132 500) for temporary roof repairs or sandbagging.
- Check on your neighbours.
Remember, things can be replaced, but you cannot, so stay safe and don’t take risks.