Do you want to use your SEEK account to apply?
(this will autofill some of the information we require)
OR continue with your application below.Thursday Island casual
Casual Care Staff – Thursday Island
Are you looking for that chance for a career change?
Award Rates + 10% Super
$34,000 Tax Free Threshold + Salary Sacrifice
No experience required
Opportunity for career growth and diversity
Flexible working hours with 28 day master roster
Minimum 20 hours a week maximum 38 hours
About the role:
We are looking for caring people who have a passion for helping others.
You will be enthusiastic to join us and be part of our inspiring organisation that delivers quality outcomes for the frail, elderly and people with disability in their local community.
- Domestic assistance such as house cleaning
- Cooking and assisting with meal preparation
- Assistance with medication reminders
- Personal care duties including showering, toileting and laundry
- Provide transportation to clients to appointments and shopping
- Create meaningful experiences for our clients and enriching their lives
About the Organisation:
St John’s Community Care is one of the largest not for profit service providers in Far North Queensland servicing 8 centers across QLD.
We enrich the lives of the elderly and people with disability by providing in home support that assists them to remain living in their home independently.
- You will have empathy and have patience for people everyday
- Strong communication skills and ability to report to supervisors regularly
- A happy, energetic and cheerful personality
- The ability to remain calm in all situations
- Ability to use online and mobile technology
- Strong desire to learn and grasp concepts quickly
- Willing to travel between shifts in your own motor vehicle
- Ability to follow all guidelines, policies and procedures at all times
What we will offer you in return:
- Work life balance
- Only required to work 20 hours min or 38 maximum per week
- Certified training provided before commencement
- Paid qualification Cert 3 Individual Support
- $34,100 tax-free: salary sacrifice benefits + compulsory tax-free threshold
- Be part of an industry where your career will be rewarding and long-term
- Be part of a thriving environment that utilises technology
This is now your chance to kick start your career, join us, and make difference to your community APPLY NOW!
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact
Company : St Johns Community Care
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number : (07) 4039 9700